Apple hit with class-action lawsuit over iPhone 3G flakiness

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 5 09:04:39 CEST 2008

> christ it's like syncing a treo over bluetooth it's so slow. Also why
> does it take like 15 min for an app to install sometimes?

i think its because the extraction-to-NAND/flash process is just
inherently slower than we're used to dealing with .. well anyway, i'm
sorta used to it, since i have to unpack a 200meg image to my
development system about 40 or 50 times a day, but i can see how it
feels unusual on the iphone.  maybe there is some wear-levelling going
on under the scenes too, dunno .. plus also factor in the key
generation that goes on when the iphone OS verifies you're not some
l33ter trying to screw poor Mr. Jobs out of a job ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan