Pre Amps

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 4 21:49:58 CEST 2008

O, I have to recommend the Great River MP1NV.  Lots of
character, great DI.  It sounds awesome on synths and drum
machines, and you can probably get it for about a grand
used in the US {see a trend, here?}.

So, having said /that/ I think the best way to go is get a
"lunchbox" for the API 500 series and then the MP500NV,
which is the same mic pre, in the 500 series format.  You
can probably get the pair for about 1200 new, and that will
leave you with four more spaces in the lunchbox to add
four additional 1u mic pres, EQs, compressors, you name it.

Wave of the future, man.

--
Yours,
Niall.