Motu - another quickie

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 4 17:39:07 CEST 2008

No, mine fits in a 19" wide space. ;)

James

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Martin Naef
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:35 AM
To: Music-bar
Subject: Re: Motu - another quickie

punkdISCO wrote:
> “One of the best deals going for the MOTU stuff used right now is the 24i”

> You sure about this, James?  I only see them for between £600 – £700
> which is not that much cheaper than their new price.  Have there been
> Mk1/Mk2/etc on the 24i?  I can only see the one version..

Note the difference between 24i and 24i/o. The former has just 24 inputs
and I believe 2 outputs. This is great for a mixerless studio as you
don't pay for 24 outputs that you'd only really need if you use the
computer as a "tape machine" and still mix externally. (Unless you patch
in a lot of external outboard).

BTW: Your mixer doesn't fit in a 50cm wide space, does it?

Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch
http://www.myspace.com/navisto