Motu 2408 Mk2 verses Mk3

Romain Gros EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 1 15:33:18 CEST 2008

Hi paul ,
I read on the motu forum  http://www.motunation.com/forum/
,that the mk3 version  got some bugs ...
Like :  the trim is to high by definition  , with guitars or bass guitars,
it clips ...
also i read about  bugs as  beeping a very High noise (  you can t stop it
without reseting the motu), cracking when you use cuemix effect ...

Those bugs  don t happen to everyone ,it seems,
but i read about some  motu' fans advising  to wait the  new firmware
before to buy ...
+ The customer service of motu seems to be a pain in the a..

i don' t know if these will help you ...

Somewhere in my craziness I still  think about RME ;),it's more expensive
but
  combined with my macbook it should be a nice thing to get i guess, but i m
not sure yet ...
Knowing  I got already already a  RME digi9636 card on my Xp machine ( I m
very satisfied with) used with  a Pro 8 digital Adat  from behringer ...
This is why i m waiting before to buy the ultralight mk3 :
1/I want to be sure this will work ...
2/I want something portable 8in/out ( rack format  is too big)...
3/ With Adat ( it will be awesome )
If it won t be the case  I would  go for the Presonus as Jay mentioned
couple of times  ... ( hehe I think Jay is in love with Presonus :P)...

I hope you will find your dream and if you go for the mk3 please let me/us
know if you are satisfied with it  .
I m concerned :P

Cheers

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 2:19 PM, punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:

>  Hey, the 2408 looks exciting!  Having 3 ADATs and 3 TDIFs is cool mainly
> as I already have 2 8x8 SoundCraft TDIF boxes (came with my 328 mixer).
> Okay, these are only 20bit but I have never felt they were shite in anyway..
>

> Anyone know what the difference between the Mk2 and Mk3 is?  The old Mk2
> seems extremely cheap:
>

> Ebay: 230285499728
>

> £200 buy it now..
>

> The whole Motu PCI card think seems very frickin confusing..
>

> I think this could be the way to go..
>

> Paul
>
> London
>
> www.punkdisco.co.uk
>
> Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
>
> "thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"

Romain Gros
rXg