Wordclock

punkdISCO EMAIL_HIDDEN
Sat Sep 6 19:46:13 CEST 2008

Hi James

Yeah, I don’t really understand Wordclock.  Sure, I understand it when its
mandatory but not when its optional.  I recently read (probably on a Motu
forum) that some guy had been using his setup successfully for yonks then
added an external clock "the results were like taking a blanket off my
monitors".  Surely this is just snake oil?  If, say, your ADAT system works
using the ADAT clock, does adding some £500++ external clock really make
much difference?

"Are the clocks actually all synced in this type of setup or just "close"?"

I believe S/PDIF and ADAT has clocking built in so your setup will be
clocked, not just a fluke.

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"