Outsim Synthmaker?

Dave S EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 27 20:27:32 CET 2008

On Monday 27 Oct 2008, M-.-n wrote:
> Nice find dave.. never heard of it but the concept looks great ! Let me
> know what you think if you get it.

I think it's kinda new-ish.  I somehow stumbled across it the other day - not
sure how.

Looks to me quite a lot like Reaktor, only you can go lower level if you want
to (down to DSP code) and also it has the bonus of being able to export VSTs.
The user interfaces you can create with it look awesome:

http://www.synthmaker.co.uk/examples.html

There's a 30 day trial version which I'll check out sometime soon, but at the
moment I'm a little too busy.  I also don't have any spare cash right now,
but may do soon - at least to get the personal edition so I can release free
VSTs.

As far as I know though, this is the first time SynthMaker has been discussed
on this list, which I find hard to believe!?  So maybe somebody already has
it and is using it, just hasn't mentioned it yet?

How about this for an idea: We should release Ampfea VSTs!  Probably only need
one person with a registered copy, as the trial version allows you to save
your project files (just that the sound output occasionally goes to white
noise).  So I reckon someone buys it, and then we have a "Design a synth or
FX in 30 days" type contest (which anyone could do using the trial version),
and then release the results.

How about that sometime soon?  :-D

Cheers,

~Dave