First sneak preview of mine and Romains joint venture

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 23 21:15:28 CEST 2008

Gert van Santen schreef:
> Mikael Hansson schreef:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Romain has presented a first preview of the track he's adding vocals to:
>> <http://www.deadmengods.com/music/dead_men_gods_1a.mp3>
>>
>> Comments, suggestions and ideas are very welcome!
>>
>> /Micke
>>

> Hey guys,
>
> Excellent work, both of you!!!
>
> There are two things I would pay some attention to:
>
> 1. The vocals sound as if they stand apart from the rest of the
> music. This can be improved with careful EQ-ing of the other
> instruments, and of course of the vocals themselves.
>
> 2. In certain places, I think the vocals are a bit off (not the
> right tone). You might want to check that and/or re-record and/or
> use correction software.
>
> I think it's extremely cool that two music-barians get together
> (virually) for making a song together.
>
> Way to go, guys :-)

Oh, I forgot - point 3.

I was wondering, why so much reverb on the vocals? (yeah I know,
it's what Romain does), but I would like to hear how it sounds
with a lot less reverb. Or play with it, change it for the chorus
or something....

--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n