lovely thai curry

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 19 12:46:50 CEST 2008

Niall Munnelly schreef:
> I have friends coming over for curry tonight.  I've had
> abouy five chopped-up chicken cutlets marinading in a soup
> of yogurt, honey, ginger beer and various curry blends since
> 2am.
>
> There's this rock star Desi guy at the Luimneach Milk Market
> on Saturdays; he serves a few different curries and sells a
> lot of spices from http://greensaffron.com.  I bought a few
> blends that smelled terrific and have looked forward to
> tonight's dinner.

Nice!

> I'm liberal with my curry blends and will usually use three or
> four different ones in the same dish.  My curries have
> flavor {and sometimes heat} for days.

If you know your math, you will know that 4 x blend = excellent
blend, so I'm sure those curries are awesome ;-)

> Tonight's curry will have four blends, lots of ginger root
> and ginger beer, honey, a little Fuller's Honey Dew beer,
> plain yogurt, stewed tomatoes, peas, carrots, lots of onions, and chicken,
> with roasted potatoes and poorly-cooked rice =| on the side.
>
> My hobs needs adjustment.  The flames are too high, and it's
> difficult to stew something or cook rice without burning it.
>
> Man, with the naan, it'll be a starchy fuckin' meal.
> Deadly.

So... just wondering... when are you going to organize that
music-bar jam? (but please - not around christmas/new year - I'm
always in Switzerland around that time :-).

Bon appetit!!
--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n