iPhone - How much in your country?

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 17 15:34:36 CEST 2008

Peter Korsten schreef:
> ibi sum schreef:
>
>>> [iPhone keyboard]
>> Well I think it works very well.  I find myself doing at least 30 wpm
>> with it .. and the auto-correction is cool too ..
>
> The problem is not that you can't see the characters - that is a
> characteristic of any keyboard. The problem is not even that you can't
> feel the keys: the problem is that you can't feel the edges of the keys.
>
> And that is where my E61i scores better. I got used to pressing the
> right keys fairly quickly, but only by holding the phone with my left
> hand and typing with my right index finger. On the E61i, I'm used to
> using both thumbs, something that I don't see happening with an iPhone.

There are several landscape mode keyboards in the app store, and
I'm sure Apple will include one in an update. It's no problem to
type with both thumbs on them, but even the normal keyboard in
portrait mode works quite well. Just try it for a week, you'll see.
I must say, though, I feel it's more relaxt to type with one
finger :-)

--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n