New Macbook without firewire , !!

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 16 15:14:22 CEST 2008

Romain,

Romain / rXg wrote:
> Well I was checking the new macbook on apple website  , and i realized
>  there is no firewire but 2  USB 2.0 plugs   +eternet and mini display
> port  only ...
> I don t know what guys  think about it  but for me it s a bit weird ...
> I think commercially it s not really a good thing ....

Commercially, I don't think it's going to be an issue, on the contrary.
With computers getting faster and faster, there is increasingly less
motivation to buy into the higher end. So unless they explicitely drop
features from the lower-end models, they'd cannibalise their high-end
(high-profit) market segment.

Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch