hmm .. return to a mixer era or stay mixerless?

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 13 21:42:45 CEST 2008

Hey Niall

> Well, the FireFace sounded a fuckload better than the
> PCI424-based system I sold for it, so you'll have that to
> look forward to, as well.

Ahh!!  Did you not like the 424 sound?  My new (to me) setup is based around
a 424 card (latest version) plus a MkII 2408.

I keep reading peoples accounts of X interface sounding significantly better
than Y but to be honest, I don't really get it.  Everything I read says that
we have gone so far with interfaces that even the cheapest of interfaces now
sounds incredible and when you spend 10x more, you get an interface that
sounds just slightly better than incredible. (diminishing returns).

But hey, I would still love to be in a perfect environment and have someone
demonstrate this to me.

Hugs,

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"