New music

Gorman, Declan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 13 13:19:27 CEST 2008

Thanks for listening Martin.  I have some work to do in order to get
this track right.

Regards,

Declan.

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Martin Naef
Sent: 13 October 2008 12:03
To: Music-bar
Subject: Re: New music

Declan,

Gorman, Declan wrote:
>> http://degomusic.net/mp3/temp/dego_Solid.mp3 (Working title)
>
> 1. I like the idea, very atmospheric and useful for supporting
> images. 2. Try to build in more development. 2. Try to use sounds
> that are a bit more exciting. 3. You are playing major and minor
> chords (3d chord of the 4) at the same time. Sometimes this can be
> great, but here it really hurts my ears ... (ducks ;-) 4. Try to
> insert one or two completely different chords somewhere, just for a
> couple of measures, and go back again. Works wonders :-)

I think Gert is pretty much spot-on with his points. There are some nice

elements in the track, but it doesn't quite fit together yet, and it's
definitely too long unless you build some more progression. In terms of
sounds, I feel the kick drum is a bit out of place and too mechanic in
relation to the natural snares.

Martin