hmm .. return to a mixer era or stay mixerless?

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 13 00:39:53 CEST 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 11:08:00PM +0200, Peter Korsten wrote:
> Niall Munnelly schreef:
> > I guess I'm on crack, because I can't find any indication
> > that you can use a control surface with the Motu Firewire
> > interfaces while the computer's turned off.  Sorry.
> >
> RME it is, then. :) Thanks, although it may be a while before I have a
> couple of thousand of euros lying about...

Well, the FireFace sounded a fuckload better than the
PCI424-based system I sold for it, so you'll have that to
look forward to, as well.

Note that MOTU FW interfaces do "mix" in standalone mode.
You can control them from the front panel - that much is
advertised.  It's just that I can't find any reference to
using a control surface in standalone mode.  I'm still like
90% sure that you can do this with the FW interfaces.  It
just seems daft to me that you couldn't.

--
Yours,
Niall.