OT: Windows Antivirus Software

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 13 00:27:58 CEST 2008

Bill Fox wrote:
> Please recommend FREE software for antivirus, anti spyware, and whatever
> else I may need to protect my new Eee.  Thanks.

Infected already? ;)

I have no permanent AV on the eee, or my main PC!

All I do is clear out Firefox cookies and history regularly, check
running processes and drivers and infrequently run Spyware Doctor (free
version) That usually keeps everything in check.

If Spyware Doctor catches anything, I don't rush out and buy the thing!
It lists details of what is detected, enough detail to manually remove
any pap.

If you aren't a PC nerd, this is too much :)

The best defense is to download zero dodgy software (or not from
unmoderated sources at least), watch out for bogus websites and be
extremely careful what you click yes on...