hmm .. return to a mixer era or stay mixerless?

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 10 23:48:51 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:31:15PM +0100, punkdISCO wrote:

> Anyway, are you sure about this?  The Motu PCI rigs don't have MIDI so how
> can anything talk to CueMix?  Maybe you are referring to the regular CueMix
> software which is used for all the older non DSP interface (324) or the
> CueMix FX software that is used for the new FireWire type interfaces.  The
> software that drives the PCI interfaces is called "CueMix DSP" and these
> don't have MIDI so Im pretty sure that the PCI card's DSP is untouchable
> without the CueMix DSP software running, hench, your computer is turned on..

Ugh.  Sorry, I was thinking of their Firewire interfaces in
standalone mode, and possibly conflating them with the RME
FireFace 800, which works quite happily in the way that I
described.  Sorry, boss.

--
Yours,
Niall.