Eee PC Ordered

Bill Fox EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 10 00:44:32 CEST 2008

Gert van Santen wrote:
> Bill Fox schreef:
>> I ordered an Eee PC 900 today.
> Nice one, Bill. I'm sure you will have some good use from this little
> machine :-)
I can't believe it.  I was expecting to wait five days.  It arrived this
afternoon!  I've charged the battery, gone though the start up routine,
and downloaded a bunch of apps:
JetAudio, Firefox, Thunderbird, Gvim (a vi editor), WinSCP3 (an SFTP
client), CDex (to rip CDs, convert files)
All are installed except Thunderbird.  I'm listening to
http://stillstream.com to get into the mood for going my show Galactic
Travels tonight.  Dinner's cooking and is smelling pretty fine from
upstairs.  Time to unhook the Eee and see if the WiFi makes it all the
way downstairs.  This Eee is the cutest little thing!
Jay Vaughan wrote:
> Congrats Bill! I am considering upgrading my 701 to a 900 .. not sure
> though ..
Do it!  IMO, one cannot have too many computers!  ;-)
>> Will my head explode with a foot in each camp? ;-)
> Nope! Coz you don't have a Linux box in the mix, of course!
I need to buy some SD cards and USB memory sticks.  How do I get Linus
or Ubuntu or whatever?
> BTW, new Macbooks to be announced in the next week ..
Too rich for my blood.  My pockets aren't that deep.  I am planning,
however, on getting an iMac next month.

Cheers,

Bill