mmmm, kimchi pancakes

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 9 19:26:38 CEST 2008

So, I made a bunch of Kimchi for the first time this fall.  I love the
stuff, it's easy to make, but I also have access to good kimchi in the
stores here so I never bothered before.   It came out amazing.  I love it.
There is a problem.  The recipes I used were apparently designed for large
Korean families.  I ended up with about 4 gallons of the stuff.  I've always
used it in the past as more of a condiment than an ingredient although I
typically used it in soups and noodles.  Last night I found a recipe for
Korean pancakes with kinchi and thought I'd give it a whirl for lunch today.
The results?  Yummy yummy. It's basically enough flour and egg to hold
things together, a block of tofu, a cup of kimchi, onions, garlic and kimchi
juice to wet the dough.  At a cup of kimchi a batch, I should start going
through my kimchi quicker now.

James R. Coplin