The American Coup

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 9 13:43:57 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 10:01:40PM -0400, Bill Fox wrote:

> You mean lil ole me?  In my lifetime, the center has gone out of
> American politics.  The Repblicans have lost anyone having any left
> leanings.  The Democrats have lost anyone having any right leanings.
> There is a hole in the middle a mile wide where I reside.

The way I see it, politics have moved to the right, becoming
increasingly authoritarian, with rightward shifts from the
Dems being called "moves to the center", which I'd call
hogwash.  Those who don't shift rightward are deemed left,
even when they're not.

Actual, capital-L Liberalism, not in the sense that
it's been used since the Reagan administration, has no
voice to speak of in state-level and national American politics or mainstream media, for that matter.

--
Yours,
Niall.