The American Coup

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 8 08:59:27 CEST 2008

On 8 Oct 2008, at 03:01, Bill Fox <billyfox at soundscapes.us> wrote:
> In my lifetime, the center has gone out of
>>>
> American politics.  The Repblicans have lost anyone having any left
> leanings.  The Democrats have lost anyone having any right leanings.

Odd, here in the UK, we have exactly the opposite situation, the two
main parties have abandoned their core values and simply tried to
appeal to a many people as possible, which means they have moved
towards the centre so much that their policies are practically
indistinguishable. The smaller centre party (the liberal democrats)
have recently been forced out of the middle and are sliding left.

> As a result, nobody represents me.  Besides, I'm a nutter
> with some Libertarian leanings...

At least you have a Libertarian party to vote for, the closest we get
to a discussion on big vs small government is the ID card debate, and
that's pretty much devolved from a freedom issue into a 'the
government can never get any major IT project to work, therefore it's
going to be a money pit' issue here.

- Andy_R (now on day 32 of the 7 to 10 days wait for Orange to get off
their lazy asses and connect his broadband)