The American Coup

Bill Fox EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 8 04:01:40 CEST 2008

Peter Korsten wrote:
>> I am wondering what American subscribers to the music-bar think
>> of the things that Naomi Wolf says...  Anyone? Tony, M@?, Andy?
>>
> And there's Bill, and with that you've covered the US subscribers. Quite
> a few of them left after the, let's call it "heated", debates following
> the September 11th attacks.
You mean lil ole me?  In my lifetime, the center has gone out of
American politics.  The Repblicans have lost anyone having any left
leanings.  The Democrats have lost anyone having any right leanings.
There is a hole in the middle a mile wide where I reside.  As a result,
we have partisan politics and deadlock.  Nothing of substance gets done
unless Congress is predominated by the same party as the President.  I
don't recall that happening recently for very long.  There is no
compromise on anything.  Deadlock.  And all the voting districts have
been reshaped to ensure that the same bozos get re-elected time and
again ad infinitum.  I'm sure that Democrats think I suffer from
Republican thinking and that Republicans think I suffer from Democratic
thinking.  As a result, nobody represents me.  Besides, I'm a nutter
with some Libertarian leanings... sometimes.  Remember Ross Perot?  As
crazy as everyone thought he was, he was right about far more issues
than any of the Republicans and Democrats in office today.  T. Boone
Pickens and Ralph Nader are talking more sense than Obama and McCain.
Me?  I'm just frustrated as hell.  The 15 page $700B bail out bill ended
up being hundreds of pages long.  Everything is so over complicated (as
usual) that the people who created this mess will benefit the most and
the people, like me, who pay their taxes, mortgages, and credit card
bills, will foot the bill.  Energy?  Don't get me started!

Cheers,

Bill

P.S. Yesterday on the Colbert Report, Colbert mentioned that most of the
people from the 9th ward are still homeless.  But that's OK.  Our
Federal Government will make sure that, rather than getting them into
homes, will make sure that the rest of us will join them!  Or something
to that effect.  I love that show.