Who wants a job at Ableton?

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Oct 7 16:32:15 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 04:05:30PM +0200, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> WTF?  The pubs close early in Ireland?

Yep.  They always have, but there were late-night bars and
venue/theatre licenses for establishments to serve until 3
or so.  In the wake of escalating violence and thuggery
{which I can attest to anecdotally, but not statistically},
the Irish government decided to save us from ourselves, or
something.  Off-licenses now close at 10pm.  There are no
more happy hours.  Late-closing licenses have been nixed.

We're talking about last call at 11.30, here.  AFAIK,
they're only just starting to go out at that hour in Berlin.

--
Yours,
Niall.