Who wants a job at Ableton?

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Oct 7 16:25:51 CEST 2008

>> The shoes
>> don't *have* to be clean in Austria
>
> What does this mean, J? It's the second time in my life I've heard
> this turn of phrase.

*Some* (not all) classes of Austrian absolutely insist that your shoes
be clean before you enter the house.  The reason this is weird is
because you take your shoes off inside the house anyway, in a little
"fore-room" designed for the purpose - but the difference between a
"BoBo" (Bohemian Bourgeouis) and a non-BoBo is whether your shoes are
clean enough to wear, even so ..

Believe me, there are times I wish I was BoBo.

But the funny thing is, some Austrians can climb a mountain and still
have clean shoes.

;
--
Jay Vaughan