Gosh darn Mopho

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 3 18:15:30 CEST 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 5:01 PM, punkdISCO wrote:

>> Mopho came today but I am not at work, so will get it tommorow. Plan
>> to mess around this weekend with it, my macbook and iPhone.
>

> Wooah! Andy..  Looking forward to your thoughts..
>
> Getting gear delivered on a Friday is ace!!
>
> Have fun.

It sounds great! I'm still at work, listening on my AKG's and using
the "push it" button to trigger sounds and sequences. The presets are
pretty damn good, I have found trying out the Evolver series in stores
I did not like the presets at all. I did read in the manual that most
of the presets are from the Prophet '08, so it looks like this
basically is a little mono desktop version of that synth, what I was
hoping for :)

The build quality is solid:

metal case (the graphics look like some sort of a textured sticker)
same ol' dave knobs
The input gain knob is pretty ghetto, and a tad dirty?
The screen is fantastic, really crisp and pops out at you even in
daylight.
No power button - plug and unplug to turn on and off, err...

The sound is just sweet. It's weird, it definitely seems a little more
on the polished side than a raw type of sound, when I listed to
sequences on it I can hear them easily fitting into a track.