Pandora console pre-order day is TODAY!

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 1 14:46:05 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan wrote:
> compatible, since the Pandora is basically a consumer-version of the
> beagleboard, which is also damned lovely ..

What kind of dog was that again? :)

I'm really put off even trying to order anything of low production run
or not in general distribution after the immense fail of trying to buy a
GP2x. In fact, looking at the official site, I now see the version I
tried to buy has utterly disappeared and a thing called the Wiz is there
instead. Ok, the Wiz (I must go for a Wiz after all that beer, groan)
looks better in so many ways than the older models, like OLED display,
faster CPU, stylus slot, nicer joypads and overall finish....

But even there, they say "Shipping October 6th"

When I ordered mine, it said "In Stock for next day delivery" and I got
knocked back every week for over a month, in which time they had my
money tied up..

Sad really.

I am pleased with the eeePC I got instead tho as it runs MUCH MORE
software than the F200 ever will, isn't too much of a burden, is faster
and with a keyboard, wireless, bluetooth, much bigger screen. The list
could go on...