Why do you look so sad - v0.9

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 28 22:16:10 CET 2008

Mikael Hansson wrote:
>> I finally had the time to listen to the new song. It definitely has
>> potential. I understand you're not yet in the final mixing stage, but
>> I'd bring the vocal a bit more up-front in any case, it's buried too
>> much behind the synths. With this style, I'd also apply a bit more
>> reverb to the voice to support the slightly dreamy style.

> In general or just the drier parts like the verses?

Hmm, I'd try it either way. In general, I'd try to make sure the voice
fits nicely with the synths.

>> Next time you do the recording, I'd also try to sing a lot louder and
>> check how it sounds. You might want to to do this when you're home alone
>> if you don't feel comfortable "belting out" with the family around.
>>
> Yeah, Ill try some different styles. I'm still a virgin in this regard
> so I really don't know how I can sound yet.

I know the feeling. I've only ever finished two proper vocal pieces
myself... It feels very strange to listen to my own voice, and there's
only a few registers that I feel happy with myself.

>>> I need to train getting a more consistent vocal character. Most notes
>>> ended up in the correct semitone this time though :)
>> That's what they invented autotune for... ;-)

> ...or Melodyne which helped me correct the missing cents... :)

Cheater! ;-)

(... I plead guilty...)

Martin