A new idea - stage 2

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 24 00:01:23 CET 2008

Mikael Hansson schreef:
> Gert van Santen wrote:
>> First: I like it a lot.
>> I know it's just a sketch, but I would think about these things:
>> 1. I would make the intro shorter and without the (cool) metallic
>> sounds - they are not coming back anywhere and sound a bit out of
>> place.
>> 2. Sing less insecure (happens in some places, not everywhere).
>> 3. Take care of false notes in the vocals.
>> 4. Make some dip in the synth EQ to make place for the vocals.
>>
>> Good job; looking forward to the next version :-)
>
> Thanks for listening and helping out!

You're welcome.

> Do you mean the metallic sounds that's just in the beginning or the ones
> that's in both the beginning and end?

I don't mean the Sample&Hold sounds that are both in the
beginning and at the end, but the melody like sounds that are
only in the beginning. It's nothing big, though, just a feeling.

> About the vocals I feel that the second bridge is the best take so far,
> but I hope to improve it a lot to the final version.

I like your voice a lot for this style. I don't know if you sing
often, but I'm quite sure you could get better fast :-)

Cheers,
--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n