A new idea - stage 2

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Nov 23 23:45:38 CET 2008

Mikael Hansson schreef:
> Hi, just pestering you again with my latest track-in-progress :)
>
> This is what I have come up with so far
>
> <http://www.deadmengods.com/music/dmg_why_sad_idea2.mp3>
>
> Vocals are still just sketches at this stage. I'm not satisfied with
> lyrics and vocal melody in the verse so I will work with this.
>
> Any other suggestions or comments?

First: I like it a lot.

I know it's just a sketch, but I would think about these things:
1. I would make the intro shorter and without the (cool) metallic
sounds - they are not coming back anywhere and sound a bit out of
place.
2. Sing less insecure (happens in some places, not everywhere).
3. Take care of false notes in the vocals.
4. Make some dip in the synth EQ to make place for the vocals.

Good job; looking forward to the next version :-)

--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n