Parallel Compression/processing (was mixing course)

Bill Fox EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed May 21 04:56:50 CEST 2008

Joost Schuttelaar wrote:
> On May 20, 2008, at 20:42 , punkdISCO wrote:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAT1P0UBF58
>>
> I don't like all the frequency cancellation you get when the
> compressed signal gets mixed in :( I guess that's because he's also
> EQing the signal afterwards with a non-linear phase EQ.

I noticed that in the demo.  But that hasn't been happening to me in
SONAR or for my bandmate in Protools.  In the demo, perhaps it's the
software being used and a delay is being introduced?  A delay would
cause what we're hearing in the demo.

Cheers,

Bill