Firewire PCI Cards

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed May 21 01:09:35 CEST 2008

Thanks guys.  Question: can you plug in a non-FW800 device into a FW800 card?  Or do you need a card that explicitly supports 400 and 800?

thx

----- Original Message ----
From: Bill Fox <billyfox at soundscapes.us>
To: Music-bar <music-bar at lists.music-bar.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:18:24 PM
Subject: Re: Firewire PCI Cards

deeplfo wrote:
What are some good rated Firewire PCI interfaces out there?  Not Firewire audio interfaces, just the Firewire PCI interface/

Last week, in fact, I bought an SIIG
card that gives me three ports of firewire 800.  My LaCie drives
support fw800 (formerly only available on MACs), fw400 (commonly
available), and USB.  It seems to work fine.  Unfortunately, my RAID
went bad and I haven't had any chance to really kick the tires on the
new card.

Cheers,

Bill