Mixing into a bus compressor (was mixing course)

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue May 20 21:25:47 CEST 2008

So, mixing into a bus compressor kicks butt..  This was one I was actually
already familiar with after reading the excellent SoS ‘Hitting Harder’
article in the May 2008 mag.

Its very simple: traditionally we apply (or not) compression to a finished
mix either as a producer or, as part of master (normally both).  However,
lots of producers mix with the bus compressor in place.  There are a few
reasons to do so but the main one is: applying compression after will change
the dynamics and this is not what you want.  Mixing into the compressor
means you don’t get any surprises at the end..

Defo looking forward to trying this one..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU