I chuckled

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri May 16 18:12:38 CEST 2008

Hi Andy

Andy Tarpinian wrote:
>> LOL! Yeah, some people spend mega-£ to have their bike a few grams
>> lighter - yet they don't seem to mind the 10kg extra they carry around
>> their waist...

> It can be definitely worth it if you do it right of course. My
> mountain bike has cost me more than a few grand with everything I put
> into it, although I have had it for 13 years! I am so spoiled by it
> though, it rides so wonderful it's unreal, and a small child could
> lift it with their pinky :P

Well, it's one of these things where the ultimate quality gives you this
reassuring feeling of owning something great, a source of joy, that
objectively is just way too expensive for what it delivers in terms of
real-world performance. Pressurising your tires properly gives a lot
more speed than 1kg less weight...

Bye
Martin

--