I chuckled

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri May 16 16:51:14 CEST 2008

On May 16, 2008, at 10:26 AM, Martin Naef wrote:

> The Dong wrote:
>> The Dong wrote:
>>> Very expensive, uhuh?
>> Oh. I forgot. The most ludicrous addition to the 'all new biking
>> experience' of recent times; the award for idiots choice of ultimate
>> profiteering over the rich dumb, is...
>>
>> http://www.alpinebikes.com/shop/exposure-lights/enduro-maxx/
>
> LOL! Yeah, some people spend mega-£ to have their bike a few grams
> lighter - yet they don't seem to mind the 10kg extra they carry around
> their waist...

It can be definitely worth it if you do it right of course. My
mountain bike has cost me more than a few grand with everything I put
into it, although I have had it for 13 years! I am so spoiled by it
though, it rides so wonderful it's unreal, and a small child could
lift it with their pinky :P

Though on the other hand, my girlfriends family has a place right on a
beach on a small island down in Florida that we stayed at last fall,
and there was a wonderful rusty, no gear, circa 1980, backpedal
breaks, cruiser type bike in the garage that I loved riding to the
hardware store and market :)