Another new NIN album

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue May 6 18:41:19 CEST 2008

Gert van Santen wrote:
> Andrew Robinson schreef:
>> Trent's at it again... New NIN album "The Slip" out now.
>>
>> "thank you for your continued and loyal support over the years - this
>> one's on me".
>>
>> Free download of drm free mp3s, or official torrent of flac files,
>> torrent of apple lossless files, torrent of 96/24 wavs at
>> theslip.nin.com ... and the multitracks are avilable for remixers too.
>> Haven't heard it yet (4am's not a good time for listening) but should
>> be interesting.
>
> Brilliant! I really respect the guy for what he's doing. Listening now.
> It's just that I hate his distorted sounds. If I had nothing else to do,
> I would do a remix of the album without those sounds... ;-)

For once I feel this is not quite a gimmick. It will be interesting to see if
unsigned bands follow this model, and bypass the torment of getting a record
deal (not that record companies are to blame... it's just an evolutionary
thing... if musicians would avoid being sucked into the old way of thinking,
then, the tools for production and communication are all now free, or cheap
enough that you don't need an investor. An amazing situation).

Tony (HB)