Mix Progress (any chance of a peer review please?)

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon May 5 22:59:45 CEST 2008

Paul Maddox schreef:

> Yeah, I guess, I hadn't thought about that.

I meant it in a positive way - it's a very nice breakdown:-)

>> I get the feelling that all the musicians are trying a bit too
>> hard to not make any mistakes, This does make the track sound
>> less dynamic and tight than it could have been.
>
> True, I guess getting the balance between 'live' and 'recording' is hard to
> achieve.

Yes, I have done it many times, and it sometimes resulted in
music that sounded a bit dead. I think you guys did a good job.

>> Perhaps it would be nice to work a bit on a more personalized
>> guitar sound.
>
> One guitar is going through a behringer vamp running a JCM800 simulation
> (right ear), the other is going through my starfire preamp and home built
> cab sim (Left Ear)
> With this track the guitars pretty much do the same thing, it other tracks
> we have they do different things, including different timing which helps.
> It's hard though, a rock guitar song is pretty much a rock guitar song.

True.

cheers,

--

:-)