Matrix 1000 vs Quasimidi Quasar

Enrique EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 24 15:28:59 CET 2008

Hi list,

Would like to read your suggestions. Should I swap my Quasimidi Quasar for
an Oberheim Matrix 1000?

It would be direct trade, no money nor sentimental value involved. I do know
Matrix 1000 and Quasar are
absolute diff synths so I'm not talking about sound but 'seriousness' or
being a more 'pro' piece of hardware.

Fact is, street price in 1994 for Matrix 1000 was half the Quasar it was
(both reviewed in SOS). Nowadays, second hand prices are quite the same (?).
Of course, getting rid of the Quasar is because I don't fancy  its sound
that well so I am inclined to let it go, but still not sure if it's a good
trade or no, so I'm asking you guys! :-)

Cheers,
Enrique