Arturia plugins

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Mar 20 16:29:14 CET 2008

Chris Strellis wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
>> I am looking to broaden my soft-synth collection, and was wondering if
>> anyone has had experience with the Arturia plugins?  Yeah, i know they
>> dont really replace the analogs the claim to emulate, but I am looking
>> more for some additional sonic variety rather than a hardcore
>> emulation.  I am particularly interested in the Arp 2600 and Moog
>> Modular stuff.
>
> I love them.  To those in the know they aren't quite the same as the
> real thing and do have bugs- but then what VA is perfect?

I heard the Arturia "Moog Modular" filter several years ago, and was mightliy
impressed. It's *nothing* like the distorting original, but has a smoothness and
a flow that is perhaps the most musical of any VA I had heard at that time. It
has a space of its own. If you use VAs, but hanker after analogue, this has
something going for it.

Tony (HB)