JMJ

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 17 15:46:38 CET 2008

Hi Andy

Andy Tarpinian wrote:
>> also quite obviously highlighted the problems of the dinosaurs: More
>> than once, some sounds were out of tune -

> Let me ask you this, I myself having not gone to many heavily
> synthesizer based live shows such as this back in the day - Was this
> always the deal? Or is it just that now that all these synth are
> getting older there are more problems with tuning?

Well, I can't answer that one - at the time when most of these synths
were built, I was still wetting my pants. By the time I started going to
concerts, the digital revolution had already happened.

But reading reports from the old bands like Tangerine Dream, it seems
that they constantly fought against tuning issues. And everybody seemed
very keen to adopt the digital synths - so they obviously addressed a
real need, and tuning was mentioned as one of these more than once...

I don't think tuning got much worse with age, if maintained properly.

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch