Messe evil [blofeld]

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Mar 15 01:13:05 CET 2008

On 14. Mar 08, at 13:39 , Tony Scharf wrote:

> I like the blofeld, but I think they missed on one point: it only has
> a MIDI input, so you *must* use it with a computer and at the end of a
> MIDI chain.  I guess for what its target market is, thats all ok and
> we should get used to MIDI ports starting to disappear on synths..

I realized that my midi chain is getting really short these days...
when I first got my Emagic amt8 I was thinking that this was going to
be the first of many, but it turns out that one is actually plenty...

of course to use a librarian (which is essential to back up sounds,
just read the changenotes on waldorfmusic.com!) you need to have a two-
way MIDI connection -- so yes, a USB hub is imminent, but how much
worse than a decent MIDI interface can it really be?

Soon it'll be time or companies like Steinberg and Apple to market
their own MIDI-optimized USB-hubs, like they used to make MIDI
interfaces...

Kai