Room Correction Systems

Michael Zacherl EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Mar 13 13:50:25 CET 2008

Hey Paul,

>> http://www.ikmultimedia.com/arc/
>
> Im not expert but I will always read any reviews/columns on such
> ideas.  The
> opinion that seems to prevail is: whilst these systems are good a
> analysing,
> you can not correct bad acoustics with EQ adjustments.

I don't think that it's just EQing it does.

> For example,
> standing waves occur when reflected waves interact and either
> attenuate or
> amplify particular frequencies (often low end stuff).  Tackling these
> frequencies with EQ alone can often make the situation worst or,
> give random
> results.

absolutely!

>  In the same way that people through subs into rooms that have
> standing wave issues, resulting in poor bass response.  The subs
> just make
> the situation worst.
>
> This plug-in is far from cheap and I imagine you will get far superior
> results spending that money on treatment.

I'm not sure about that. However I rather see that plugin as a
supplement to practical treatment.
If it's in a room like mine (which is for from good or ideal) it
probably will get better, but then again there are many drawbacks.

> But hey, Im no expert :)

oh, your opinion is very welcome!

BTW: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar08/articles/ikmultimediaarc.htm

  :-) Michael.