Direct Note Access

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 12 22:03:14 CET 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 7:40 AM, Gert van Santen wrote:

> Gorman, Declan schreef:
>> Exactly. It was only used on rather uncomplicated sounds. Wondering
>> how
>> it will work on electric guitars, choirs or even complete tracks...
>> <
>>
>> It doesn't separate by instrument but by note so if a vocal part and
>> instrumkent part share the same note they will both appear as one
>> blob
>> on the screen.
>
> Aha. But if they don't, there will be
> multiple blobs... :-)

So in other words I can play the same chord over and over on a guitar
to a rhythm and record it, and then in the computer change those
chords to anything I want to match my song, so essentially making a
perfect infinitely editable "sample" of the guitar. I think I just
passed out while typing that sentence.