Room Correction Systems

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 11 20:57:13 CET 2008

Hi Michael

> http://www.ikmultimedia.com/arc/

Im not expert but I will always read any reviews/columns on such ideas.  The
opinion that seems to prevail is: whilst these systems are good a analysing,
you can not correct bad acoustics with EQ adjustments.  For example,
standing waves occur when reflected waves interact and either attenuate or
amplify particular frequencies (often low end stuff).  Tackling these
frequencies with EQ alone can often make the situation worst or, give random
results.  In the same way that people through subs into rooms that have
standing wave issues, resulting in poor bass response.  The subs just make
the situation worst.

This plug-in is far from cheap and I imagine you will get far superior
results spending that money on treatment.

But hey, Im no expert :)

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk