New Muteqx Track - "Neptune"... and it's very different to thelast one!

Dave S EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 4 17:35:01 CET 2008

On Tuesday 04 March 2008, Gert van Santen wrote:
> True,
> What gear did you make these tracks on, Dave?

FL Studio 7, believe it or not!

First time in years I have found a piece of music software I really, really
get on well with.  It has absolutely saved me from my perception of creative
block, because all it was is that I don't get on well with traditional
sequencers.

The Electribes made me realise how much I love working with step sequencers,
and FL Studio 7 is powerful enough that I can use it for everything I need to
do and a lot more besides.

It's AWESOME!

The pad sounds are from my Ion, and some of the drum samples have been mixed
with samples from my (was Jay's) Kawai XD-5 drum synth.  That Kawai has an
awesome punch to it, and I've found that filtering it and layering the
subbass frequencies from certain of it's kick drums with just about any other
kick makes them sound absolutely immense!  ;-)

Ooops... giving away my secrets there!  ;-)

Cheers,

~Dave