NIN Ghosts

Michael Zacherl EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 3 13:22:46 CET 2008

On Mar 3, 2008, at 1:06 PM, Gert van Santen wrote:

>> I agree, but I'm not sure what Joost meant by "smart man"?
>
> I think he means making 1 out of 4
> albums freely available via Bit Torrent
> and selling the rest.

oh - didn't get that:-/
However, I'm not someone's die-hard fan anyway, but I like many of not
most of their (his?) pieces.

>> Some of the sounds I can find on other albums, BTW
>> (no, not the piano ;-)
>
>> But I wouldn't find it disappointing. And hey, it's free of you
>> dare to
>> listen just to MP3s ;-)
>
> Yep, that's very intersting indeed. I
> just get the feeling TR got a new
> laptop, played around with Garage Band a
> bit and thought, hey, let's make a
> quadruple album. Nothing wrong with
> that, but it doesn't sound very
> interesting to me.

The approach is interesting, but then again the result is that what
counts.
I agree in this respect.
But OTOH it's not bad or such.
And if it was delivered as just another NIN album I probably wouldn't
notice any difference.
Maybe the presentation is just the difference which could be broken
down to yet another marketing trick and not a celebrity's approach to
anti-DRM ;-)

> And did I mention I
> hate those guitars. Just plain ugly. Oh
> well, I guess it's a matter of taste