RPM-countdown

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Mar 1 15:06:34 CET 2008

Peter Korsten schreef:

> Now, back to your music. Presumably, you have an intuitive approach
> there as well, right? And whilst you can get excellent results with that
> approach, it does lock you into a certain way of working.
>
> Maybe you need a different approach. Maybe you need to think outside the
> box, try something completely new. You don't have a follow a strict
> regime like in the example above, just as long as you take a *different*
> approach.
>
> If you use a computer, drop it. If you always start with the melody,
> start with the drum and bass lines instead. Take some cutlery from your
> kitchenette and start hitting pots and pans. Record those trams outside
> your window and turn the sound into something different. (Remember what
> my EX5 did with 'Feed the aliens'? You have one too! When was the last
> time you used FDSP creatively?)

Excellent advice, Peter. This is exactly
what has helped (and is still helping) me.

But Joost, you should at least make 1
album with songs the way you have been
working until now. I LOVE your recent
songs, they are so cool, so full of
melancholy and 80's passion (I don't
know what that is, but it just came out
of my typing fingers ;-) !!! It would be
a real shame if you would just leave
that stuff alone...

--

:-)