Reactogon: chain reactive performance arpeggiator ..

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 25 16:20:51 CEST 2008

I'm really tweaked about the Axis-64.  The Chromatone looks really clunky to
me.  I just wish the price point on the axis was different.

I'm also concerned that these seem to be made to order which immediately
raises questions about reliability etc.  I also noted in all of the videos,
that the keys have a hard travel and you can hear the click, click, with
each push. The lack of aftertouch is also a little troubling.  I would think
at a price of double a decent 88 key control with weighted keys, velocity,
aftertouch, and a whole bunch more presets, velocity curves, knobs, and
switches, that you would at least get a full music key.  $1500 seems hard to
justify if it's just a bunch of custom caps on pushbuttons. Does anyone here
have one of these or played one of these?

James R. Coplin

Work is the Curse of the Drinking Class