Firefox !! ftw !!

Don't t(h)read on my tentacles, Earthling! EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 23 22:29:54 CEST 2008

Le 23 juin 08 à 10:56, Michael Zacherl a écrit :

>> http://www.beatnikpad.com/archives/mozilla_and_firefox
> does this help?  How about updates?

I've been using the special compiles from beatnikpad for years. It
always worked better than the official one.

This is the last install he is doing, we'll have a how to compile
specifically soon.

I'll try the official in the next days, I've already encountered a
few bugs meaning FF3 needs ironing (links dead for no reasons, small
site icons deads suddenly…)

> Besides that Flash isn't doing any good to FF3 on my MBP the overall
> load of FF3 is increased.

it's a know problem… for all.

> Granted, give it quite something to deal with (at least 50-70 tabs are
> constantly open) but this is what I also did all the time with FF2 on
> the same machine with the same configuration.
>
> Right know for instance the fans just don't go off. I'll have to
> reboot some time later.

tabs now, reboot later! ^

>> Note for those concerned, it DOES fuck up a lot of add-ons.
> Minefield or FF3 in general? (which I already noticed :-/  )

both, minefiled is only a specific compiling for specific hardware/
system (mac, intel and G5). There are others for windows pcs and
linux from other guys.

Denis H]
L'informatique, c'est pas au point