New Monitors

Don't t(h)read on my tentacles, Earthling! EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 23 00:21:11 CEST 2008

Le 22 juin 08 à 20:48, Matt Picone a écrit :

> Does anyone here have the knowledge to help me understand a possible
> basis for the difference in price between the NEXLCD2470 (of which I
> already own one) and something like the Acer P243WAID, which seems
> attractive from a cost standpoint.

only the Acer has been tested by my fav testing website (there's a
lab and torture tests ;)

good:
- some versions with the same name have DVI
- colors
- thin enclosure
- small energy eater (55W)

Bad:
- some version with the same name don't have DVI
- too much brightness by default
- no dead pixel warranty

they give it 3 out of 5 stars and find it good for office use,
homebrew pic retouching and the like. Definitely not for gamers.

If you want to see the screen captures of the tests (and compare with
others):
http://www.lesnumeriques.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=38&mo1=279&p1=2628

Too bad the other one isn't tested yet…

Denis H]