Had a great weekend

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 19 00:31:12 CEST 2008

Gert van Santen wrote:
>>> + I should get the replacement eeePC within a few days to play with...
>>>
>> looking forward to that personally.  i'm loving mine today, in a house
>> full of kids in klagenfurt and they're all having a blast using the
>> computer i can give them without stressing out about it ..
>
> It seems to me you life has totally changed for the better since
> you left Recklinghausen. Good for you, mate! :-)

The eee arrived much earlier and I put a normal XP pro SP2 on it and
stripped it down to the usual minimal + no swap. Only thing not working
yet is the wired LAN, which I'm in no rush to fix (the supplied XP
driver crashes on install, oh, just fixed that right now) A quick,
single patch fixed the WPA2 compatibility and I'm on the network.
That's everything working now..

Along with a Live Backtrack 3 linux distro on a 4GB SD, this is rather
good :) Even that starts pretty quick! Quicker than a CD boot on a dual
core desktop anyhoos..

I didn't like the Xandros supplied very much, windows XP cut down boots
and runs faster than the other two laptops in this house just now ;)