audio distortions after recording

Michael Zacherl EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 16 03:34:15 CEST 2008

On Jun 15, 2008, at 5:00 PM, Gert van Santen wrote:
> Listen to the att. file.

I stand corrected: I had that once with a bad USB-driver für an ESI
interface.
That was just two channels on my PowerBook - I think it was somehow
the same effect.
The fun part was that I never found a pattern in what situations it
occured.
I switched to the MOTU (I needed more I/O anyway)  and I'm still happy.
But Focusrite is ok - so ... I wonder.

Martin said it, updating drivers may help.
BTW, I ran much more channels on my old PoBo 1.5GHz (R.I.P.) without
any troubles (Ableton Live).
I doubt that the laptop isnt powerful enough or such.

BTW, since I didn't find any info in your mails: what's the recording
software and what's the bit resolution and sampling rate?
The aforementioned PoBo ran into trouble at fast sampling rates
(>=176.4kHz) and more than two channels.

    Michael.

--
hear the colours of noise: http://blauwurf.at