turkey versus cech rep ..

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jun 15 23:33:28 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan schreef:

> oh man, its games like this that make me both love, and hate,
> football.  wtf?!

Lots of hard work by the Turks paid off, though. Although they've
collected so many bookings (including the keeper and even one of the
substitutes) that they will be hampered in their next game against,
presumably, Croatia.

It just goes to show that association football is a very unpredictable
sport (at least, when the teams are more or less evenly matched), and
for me that makes it fun to watch every two years: the World Cup and the
European Cup.

Tomorrow should be interesting, because Germany could still be out and
either Austria or Poland through. And on Tuesday, Italy and France rely
on what the Netherlands do against Romania. If the Dutch repeat what
Portugal did this evening against Switzerland (putting in a B-team and
losing) both the World Cup finalists will be going home, thanks to the
severe beating they both got from those pesky men in orange.

You just have to love it. :)

- Peter